What causes pain in lower back and tightness in legs?
my lower back has been hurting and I was painting today when I got up from on my knees my leg felt tight like it was hard to move but did then it went away, also if I goto spread my legs it hurts to do that?
Lifestyle modification, exercise, medication
Thanks for the query.
It stoats that you may have a disc prolapse especially if the pain radiates from the lower back to the lower limbs. Sometimes there would be associated tingling and numbness.
Avoid bending forwards or lifting weights. Apply hot packs to the painful regions. Do back extension exercises. You can take Tablet Diclofenac with Thicolchicoside combination twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.
Spreading legs causing pain can be due to muscle spasm or hip conditions. It is better to do an Xray if the hips to find out.
If the pain persists after a week then you can do an Xray and MRI as necessary to look for possible moderate to severe complicated prolapse.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- Having lower back pain what could be the cause
- What causes pain in lower back and legs
- What causes abdominal and lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain which radiates down to legs
- What can cause lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain for women
- What causes mild lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain