What causes pain in left hand wrist?
Doctors prescribtion and lab results are attached for your reference.
A rheumatologic work out is necessary.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query and reports. Your last doctor has given the diagnosis as De-quervain tenosynovitis. Her ESR level is increased which signify some systemic rheumatologic problem.
Does she have any morning stiffness of joints?
Is this the only joint involved?
Serum uric acid levels, RA factor, ANA profile should be done to rule out rheumatologic problems. Wrist joint X ray also should be taken after examination. A consultation with a rheumatologist or Orthopedician is well appreciated also.
If it is just De quervain synovitis then local cortcosteroid injections will be helpful. Physiotherapy like TENS ,infrared therapy, cold lasers and UST are helpful also.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bilateral wrist pain
- What causes pain in left arm and wrist
- What is the cause of stiff and painful wrists
- What is the cause for wrist pain
- What causes left hand pain
- What would cause mouth sore pain in wrist and hands
- What causes sharp pain in wrist
- What is the cause of discoloured wrists and hands
- What causes painful bumps on wrists
- What is the cause of bilateral hand and wrist pain