• question-icon

What causes pain in forehead, fever, vomiting and eye pain?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hello I am writing to know about my husband's condition.for the last 20 days he has dull ache in his forehead.he says he feels pain from within the eyes,it was more on the left side previously.then he went to an eye specialist and he said that his left eye power had changed by 0.25.he got his specs changed but that didnt solve the problem so he was referred to neuro physician who gave him inmecin.he said if the problem doesn't resolve then we need to do brain MRI.his medicine didn't work.now he said that the pain is in the T between nose and eyes, sometimes near the cheek bones,behind the ears and sometimes his neck.so we went to ENT specialist.he gave him medicine for muscular pain and stress relieving and asked him to take steam and exercise a little.but it didnt work much.he also got x ray and ct scan done for sinuses but they appear normal except for mucosal thickening in ostiomeatal sinus and a deviated septum.Today he suddenly got fever and vomitted out yesterday night's food as it is and also he has body and leg pain.what do you think is wrong with him?
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment,reevaluation by neurologist required if fever persists

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
The symptoms described with fever may be due to sinusitis or infection.
High grade fever and vomiting with eye pain occurs in dengue. But as the pain was for 20 days and fever recently the possibility of dengue is unlikely.
Another possibility may be cavernous sinus thrombosis if eye pain is associated with swelling.
For now treatment should contain pain killers.
Need of antibiotics should be evaluated and started.
Fever should be recorded 6 hourly.
Blood investigations may be planned if fever persists. Investigations like counts, dengue, malaria testing may be required.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Neeraj Kumar

Neurologist