What causes pain in elbow and forearm?
Things will get better
Welcome to Health Care Magic, Thanks for writing to us,
I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.
I am sorry to know about your pain but this is common after thoracic outlet syndrome one has got some weakened nerves and muscles which do pain when they are put to action.
Then surgeries also have a stress effect on muscles, nerves and blood supply.
There are few suggestions you can work upon for better results.
1) Don't over exert with arms don't lift heavy objects.
2) Contact a physiotherapist with time you will gain strength it may take 6 months more but this will happen gradually and slowly be patient but be determined and persistent.
3) Ask your physiotherapist about exercises you can do at home and do then regularly.
4) You can use tablet Tylenol for pain.
5) You should also keep following up with your doctor to see if surgical outcomes are good so far.
6) Stay active and know about your working capacity don't go beyond that. with time things will get better
7) I would also suggest my similar patient to use a muscle relaxant like movax to relax muscles.
8) Warm compresses help too loosening the sore muscles.
9) Do take good balanced diet, vitamin D calcium salts and protein.
Things are expected to get better but gradually just keep your efforts going.
I Hope this answers your question, if your have more queries feel free to ask, otherwise close the discussion and rate it. Wish you the best of health.
Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.(Licensed Family Physician)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is causing the pain while bending the elbow
- Pain to elbow causes
- Elbow and shoulder pain causes
- What causes elbow pain and how is it treated
- Causes of severe elbow pain
- What causes severe pain in elbows
- Right elbow pain causes
- What is the cause of shoulder pain radiating to elbow
- What causes pain in arms from elbows to wrists
- What is the cause for pain in elbow joint