What causes pain in ankle and difficulty walking?
Ankle injury, Will need x-rays
Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for coming to HealthCareMagic.
When did this ankle issue start? How did it start? Were you hurt or injured?
Any information you can give me will help me give you an answer and a plan which is more useful for you.
In general, Any injury of the ankle joint has to be evaluated with at minimum a set of x-rays and a visit to your local Orthopedic Specialist.
The x-ray is step 1 though.
For pain, OTC meds like Dolo and Brufen should be able to cover the pain until we can figure out what is wring here.
I hope this helps,
stress injury to ligaments
Hi, thanks for following up. Sounds like you have a bit of a stress injury to the ligaments in and around the ankle.
Be careful of what kind of footwear you are using to do these hill walks. Try and get high top sneakers or something that gives a good amount of support to the ankle joint in general. Plain old sneakers would not be enough.
It may be a good idea to discontinue these walks for awhile while you rest the joint. A well applied Crepe bandage will help manage your pain and speed up healing. Pain killers as i mentioned should help as well. Get those x-rays done when you can and we will re-evaluate.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ankle pain with difficulty in walking
- Chronic ankle pain causes
- What causes pain and swelling near the ankle
- What causes nausea and severe pain in ankle
- What causes pain in ankles and wrist
- What causes pain from ankle to the bottom
- What causes calf pain and restricted movement in ankle
- Pain in ankle causes
- What causes pain in ankles
- What causes pain and numbness in foot and ankle