What causes pain during urination while on Cipro?
It's possible for chlorine to cause irritation.
Yes, it's possible that the chlorine and other water treatments in the pool water may have irritated your urethra. It's also possible that you already had a bladder infection which may have caused the the urinary incontinence you had in the pool.
For now, increase your water intake and avoid acidic foods such as citrus and tomatoes, highly spicy foods, and alcohol, until your discomfort completely resolves.
I hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pains in the middle of butts while urinating
- What causes pain while masturbating and semen in urine
- What causes pain during urination
- What causes pain and burning while urinating
- What causes pain in the anus and burning while urinating
- What causes pelvic pain while urinating
- What causes pain in belly button while urinating
- What causes stomach or abdominal pain while urinating
- What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain
- Does cipro cause dark urine