• question-icon

What causes pain and tingling sensation in the pelvic area?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am having moderate pain in my lower left pelvis area. Sensitive to the touch or with certain movements. Have had tingling during urination, with increased frequency but less amount. Side pain does not affect urination or bowel movements.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible diverticulitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

This location may be suggestive of diverticulitis of sygmoid colon which is common condition and usually self limiting but in severe cases it requires antibiotic treatment or even surgery. You should have easier diet, high fibre food and take plenty of fluids to soften your stool.
Second, even if there is no fever, dysuria or urine odour this still may be urinary infection so if symptoms persist it would be good to do urine analysis and urinoculture.
The only way to rule out diverticulitis is to do abdominal CT scan which would also reveal possible GIST recurrence if it is present or ovarian cyst on the left side so this should be done if there wont be improvement over the next few days. WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon