• question-icon

What causes pain and swelling in the left testicle?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Namaskar Doctor,
I am 58 years male, diabetic and BP. No Alcoholic/ smoke, Vegetarian
1) My Left side testicle is slightly bigger than right and this is since long
2) But last 10 days, I am having slight pain and I can see little reddish on the skin ( small portion)
3) Due to this pain, I am finding little uncomfortable to walk or sit, I having feeling of pressing and I think due to this pressing, I may be having pain.
4) Other wise I have not much problem.
5) Though I have some ED problem, but I am not much concentrating about it and I am little worrying about this pain sir,
Kindly advise me
XXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified Urologist

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

Pain and swelling of the left testicle is most likely to be due to infection of Testicle (Orchitis) and needs to be investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum
5) Blood sugar levels to find out status of Diabetes

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Cefixime or Bactrim D S along with Nitrofurantoin twice daily .

Taking Anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac and Serropeptidase (Chymoral forte ) Twice daily will help to reduce selling and pain .

Ensure to drink more water and keep your sugar levels well controlled.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist