What causes pain and numbness in the right hand?
Symptoms would gradually resolve.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.
I have noted your clinical details. Based on this, your symptoms are part of the pontine stroke. Stroke in pons can lead to weakness, imbalance, numbness as well as paresthesia (pins and needle sensation, tingling, burning, pain, etc) on the affected side.
You can continue doing regular physical therapy and exercises. The stamina would get better over time.
For paresthesia, you can take pregabalin capsules.
You would gradually recover, and it may take 3-6 months to see a good improvement.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What causes neck pain with tingling and numbness in hand
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes intermittent numbness in my chin and right hand
- What causes painswelling and numbness in hands
- What could cause frequent numbing of right hand
- What causes numbness and pain in hands and joints
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes numbness in right hand
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy