What causes pain and numbness in hands?
You are having cervical spondylosis.
Thanks for your query.
I'm Dr. Sudhir Kumar,
After going through your query I concluded that you are having cervical spondylosis as it is common in your age. Due to this some of nerve roots are got compressed while they came out of neural foraminas (holes). These causes tingling and numbness.It occur in more after four or five hours of sleep because during sleep we are not fully conscious and our neck remain continuously in one position giving continuous presser. No need to worry much if this remains for only some period only.
You can confirm cervical spondylosis by x-ray of cervical spine AP and Lateral view.
I treat empirically persons like you by Diacerine, Glucasamine sulfate and Mecobalamin. It is advisable to not use pillow while sleeping or use a thin pillow. Analgesic such as ibuprofen can be used for pain relief if it is there. You can discuss with your treating Doctor about it.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and numbness in sides of head
- What causes pain tingling and numbness in forearms
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes neck pain with tingling and numbness in hand
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes painswelling and numbness in hands
- What causes numbness and pain in hands and joints
- What is causing numbness in hand and back pain
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What causes numbness in right hand