What causes pain after eating fatty food ?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 1 Sep 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: For 8 months pain after eating anything fatty foods worse..no fevers,chills.no vomiting,every now and then very mild nausea...i do have how ever weight loss of 30 lbs since XXXXXXX stettorea,malaborbation,,severe hunger about every two hours...im starting to show signs of malnutrition...no clay colored stools of yet but sometimes feces is multi two toned...choclate color,and carboard color....starting to notice mild discomfort under right ribs also...only way to relive left pain is to lay on left side or stomach...ill feel more pressure then loud gurgling that i can feel move left to right then pain subsides then hunger sets in again....its becoming a vicous cycle of madness im at wits end help
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems IBS

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

It is very likely that you are suffering from Irritable bowel syndrome along with an element of gastritis

I would prefer you manage your stress levels

In general, treatment guidelines agree with the addition of a proton pump inhibitor and a probiotic twice a day before breakfast and before dinner

Also do get back to me with your diet pattern, job profile, history of smoking or alcohol and medicines tried till date

Hope this helps

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj