question-icon

What causes numbness on legs?

Posted on Thu, 10 Apr 2014
Question: what can cause the numbness of my legs and feet and what can I do to get my mobility back
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal (2 hours later)
Brief Answer: Likely to be due to nerve root compression. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The abscess on your colon is not related to the numbness of the legs and feet. It is suggestive of a neural ( nerve compression or nerve irritation related) cause. This can be diagnosed by the X-ray and MRI scan of lower spine. The nerve involvement symptoms may be there due to soft tissue swelling or due to inflammation in the nerve itself. These neural pains are a challenging thing to treat as careful examination is needed to ascertain the level of nerve involvement. You can take some anti-inflammatory pain killer like acetaminophen till you consult your neurophysician. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN