What causes numbness and tingling sensations in the legs?
not a known side effect but persons react differently to medication
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
According to the professional medical website , medscape.com and also drugs.com, these are not effects that are usually associated with eliquis though it is mentioned in your medication information sheet.
Persons can react differently to medication so though it is not a common side effect, it is possible that it is related.
It would be best though, since it is not common, for other causes to be ruled out by a visit to an neurologist though your general doctor can do an initial assessment.
Tingling and abnormal sensations can be due to abnormal function of the nerves (neuropathy).
Can be temporary or permanent
There are different possible causes such as: (1) diabetes
(2)kidney or liver disease
(3)side effect of medication
(4)low levels of vitamin b12 or folate
(5)trauma to the nerves in the spine or along its path
(6)infection such as shingles
(7)exposure to toxins
(9)autoimmune causes such as lupus or ra
(10)neurological disease such as ms or stroke
(11)idiopathic- cause not found
Your doctor may do blood tests to rule out other causes
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Quit smoking causing numbness and tingling sensation
- What causes tingling and numbing sensations in right armshoulder
- Tingle sensation/ numbness causes
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- What causes tingling and numbness in legs
- What causes numbness and tingling in thumb
- What causes tingling and numbness on feet
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- What could cause numbness and tingling sensation of limbs
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms