What causes numbness and pain on left side of body?
Need to exclude pinching of nerves in lower back.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms. Based on that, we need to exclude pinched nerve in lower back. The most common reason could be disc prolapse at lumbar region (lower back), which causes pressure on the nerves arising there. As a result, there may be pain in thigh/leg/foot, associated with tingling, numbness, weakness and/or wasting. The diagnosis can be confirmed with MRI scan of lumbo-sacral spine.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes suddend numbness and sweating in the body
- What causes pain and numbness in sides of head
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- Hiatal hernia cause left arm pain numbness
- Left side body numbness
- What causes numbness and tingling feeling in the body
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes tingling and numbness in right side of body
- What causes numbness in left arm with pain in heart
- Constant numbness in left side of body what to do