What causes night sweats?
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking into your problem there can be many causes for night sweats it will be difficult to delineate one but there is a need for cardiac check up as angina can also present like that plus a thyroid function testing along with tuberculosis evaluation is necessary . Rest as you said they have already ruled out malignancy which presents a major concern at this age .
Thank you for reverting back.
There is a possibility that he is having angina and the drug is not able to control it so it needs to be reviewed whether he needs it more . Yes generally tuberculosis can be excluded by having a look at chest x ray .
Since he had mononucleosis any viral infection can also lead to night sweats during recovery so that may also be the culprit .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoarseness shortness of breath and night sweats what are causes
- What causes severe night sweats
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes periodic night sweats
- What causes night sweats after gallstone surgery
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- What causes night sweats shaking lightheadedness and weakness
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes excessive night sweats