question-icon

What causes nausea, sickness and painful vagina after having intercourse?

Posted on Thu, 21 May 2015
Question: I made LOVE to my husband first time after marriage and from yesterday till today right now i am feeling very sick . I am feeling Nausea and having headache and feeling like vomiting and could not even vomit . Not feeling like eating anything . I am already weak only 40 kgs weight height 5" 3't. My vagina is hurting and it is feeling like my stomach from Vagina to the upper half of the body is having swelling.
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
it could be due to anxiety so relax ,take medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query
Congratulations on getting married. Marriage involves lots of anxiety, more for the girl ,and anticipation of pain which produces further anxiety. One possibility would have been vaginal infection but if it was the case, sex would have been very very painful and very difficult to complete the first penetrative sex. Second is anxiety which is very common. The vagina hurts , there can be nausea and vomiting and feeling differently in body. You should relax, some breathing exercises and take anxiolytics like lorazepam 1 mg with anti emetic. This would be all right in a couple of days, as is normal in most cases.
Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist