What causes muscle spasms?
Vitamin and trace element deficiencies-Take suppliments.
Thanks for your query.
I'm Dr. Sudhir Kumar,
After going through your query I concluded that you probably you are having muscle spasms. Most common cause of it is vitamin and trace element deficiency. If you can describe your symptoms in detail I will be better able to help you.
Vitamin D3 and Vitamin B12 tests are advisable.
For such conditions I usually prescribe Evion-LC which is a combination of Vitamin E 200 mg, L-carnitine 150 mg. I also prescribe Mecobalamin and Calcium supplements. Analgesic such as ibuprofen is taken for pain relief. Muscle relaxant is useful (You are already taking it).
You can discuss with your treating Doctor about it.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
You can also write to me directly on below link:
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes muscle spasms
- What causes painful muscle spasm in lower back
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What is the cause and treatment for muscle spasms
- What causes eye muscle spasms
- What causes regular muscle spasms in the body
- What causes terrible muscle spasms in my arm
- What causes muscle spasms under rib cage
- What could be the cause for severe abdominal muscle spasms
- What causes muscle spasms symptoms
- What does the CT scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pain in mid back and left shoulder
- What is the recovery period after hip replacement?
- Suggest treatment for severe hip pain, weak thigh and gluteal muscles
- Suggest treatment for gout flare up on left elbow
- What causes large swollen area on top of arm below collar bone?
- What causes pain and numbness in hands?
- Suggest treatment for cervical stenosis
- What causes heel pain?
- Suggest treatment for stiff and heavy neck with burning eyes and pain in...