What causes mucus like discharge from the anus?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have some seapage frome my anus, light in color, looks like mucus. Could it be from faxseed oil and fish oil intake. I take about 2600 mg intake each day?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care , needs work up and management.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. seepage from anus with mucus like substance could be a side effect of flaxseed oil and fish oil like any oil that can give small seepage or diarrhea. I would like you to discontinue it for a while, take more fiber and fluids in diet and see if it helps. if the seepage still continues other options of seepage like anal incontinence will be considered and will need some work up to confirm. For now just discontinue the intake of the supplement and see how it goes.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan