What causes mucus in the throat while on inhaler for asthma?
if can identify specific cause would help, use antihistamine/decongestant
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Mucus in the back of the throat is called post nasal drip (of mucus). It can actually worsen asthma in some persons.
It can have different causes such as dust, pollen, animal dander, food, drink. It is due to allergic reaction to one or more of these.
I have a patient who gets the mucus as a result of bananas, her allergy test showed she was allergic to bananas.
You can ask your doctor about allergy tests, to see if they are available. This would determine exactly what is causing your mucus.
If this is not possible, you may want to note if there is increased mucus with certain foods, with dust, drinks etc
It can vary from one person to the next, what may cause mucus for you , will be different for someone else.
IF you can find out the specific cause/s then you can eliminate your exposure if possible.
If you notice that exposure to dust causes a problem then you would need to use special covers for your pillows and mattress and try to eliminate rugs/carpets that hold dust.
You may also want to try an anti histamine decongestant combination. This should help and would be over the counter.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Asthma inhaler white bumps throat
- Asthma inhaler causes premature ejaculation
- What causes frequent asthma attacks while on albuterol and montelukast
- What is causing nausea and asthma
- Do asthma inhalers cause heart attack
- What causes cough while taking flovent and proventil for asthma
- Will a asthma inhaler cause elevated liver enzymes
- Asthma .imy asthma causes
- What causes palpitations in bronchial asthma
- Does asthma cause tightness in throat
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...