What causes microvascular ischemic disease?
0000 XXXXXXX XXXX
0000- call or text
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
However I think you are being too pessimistic. If what anguishes you this much is the microvascular disease then you should know that it doesn't equal dementia. Actually after the age of 60 microvascular changes are a very common finding. In a way they are part of aging. Simply having microvascular disease doesn't mean you have dementia, most patients function well in their daily lives.
It is only in a small portion of patients with very advanced widespread changes that dementia may develop. Even then it is not imaging which determines that, it is neuropsychological tests which assess cognitive functions, often there is discrepancy between imaging and cognitive state. So to assess your condition reports of imaging and neuropsychological testing are needed.
So you should talk to your doctor about those reports and the degree of changes. Should also share how you are feeling now as I suspect depression is playing its role and treatment prescribed by your psychiatrist may need to be re-evaluated.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Microvascular ischemic disease and hyperthyroid
- Mild microvascular ischemic disease causes
- Microvascular ischemic disease causes
- Microvascular ischemic disease confluent
- What is microvascular ischemic disease
- Neurology microvascular ischemic disease
- What is sequelae of chronic microvascular ischemic disease
- What does microvascular ischemic disease mean
- What is mild chronic microvascular ischemic disease
- Diagnosis of microvascular ischemic disease
- What causes microvascular ischemic disease?
- Suggest treatment for severe headaches
- Can Lipitor cause brain damage?
- What causes severe migraine while on Cymbalta and Xanax?
- What are the signs and symptoms of brain aneurysm?
- What does intense pain in the temple suggest?
- What causes intense fatigue, tingling sensation in the feet and leg pain?
- What causes agitation and inappropriate sexual behavior while having...
- Suggest remedies for muscle pain, dizziness and constipation when...
- Can stress cause cyanotic discoloration on the extremities?