Suggest treatment for chronic migraine

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: chronic migraine

I HAVE EXCRUCIATING PAIN THAT KEEPS ME FROM FROM DOING THE MOST SIMPLE OF THINGS.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Preventive treatment is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

If this is already diagnosed as chronic migraine ( i.e. more than fifteen headache days per month over a three month period of which more than eight are migrainous, in the absence of medication over use), then treatment consists of prevention of migraines.

Drugs that may be used to prevent migraines include betablocker drugs ( Propranolol ), antiepileptic drugs ( Topiramate, Valproate ), antidepressants ( Amitryptilin, Duloxetine ), etc.

Please discuss with a Neurologist about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee