What causes memory problems and poor concentration despite taking Adderall for ADHD?

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Mental Health
Question: ADHD taking adderall 30 mg tablets having problems focusing and remembering appointments
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ADHD treatment

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM

You are currently being treated for ADHD with Adderall and you are still having problems with attention and memory. If you have been on Adderall for a long time it maybe time to switch to a different medication. Concerta or Ritalin are other options.

To help your memory I would recommend using a smart phone with a calendar that allows you to place appointments and give you reminders. Before switching medications I would look into options that help improve memory and use aids to help with appointments and other important information. Write down the things you need right away to prevent losing the information

I hope I answered your question. Please contact HCM again with your health care questions and concerns
Dr. Ronald Schubert