What causes lower right abdominal pain?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I had pain on my right hand side of my lower abdomen 9 days after my period. My doctor ordered an ultra sound and there was a cyst on right ovary. The side pain got worse at until day 19 after my period, there was a little, very little blood when I wiped. He examined me again, ordered a CT scan, because I still had some pain, not as bad, as well as back. No cyst anymore and no appendicitis. My period started at day 25, side pain gone. I am just finishing a 4 day period. But, now my husband has pain in left scrotum and in center above penis- in lower abdomen. Could I have had a bacterial infection?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be a bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain that your husband is having is likely to be due to an infection. Your pain could be related to this infection or could be due to the cyst.The infection can be ruled out after a vaginal swab culture. Having a broad spectrum antibiotic will help.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad