What causes lower left abdominal pain?

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: Hi doctor I am 28 year old male. From few days I have a very mild pain which last upto 5- 10 minutes on lower left side of my abdomen. When I did my ultrasound my both kidneys are normal. Right measurement is 8.6 cms and 1.3 cms whereas left as 9.7 and 1.3. After doing urine analysis my pus cells is 6/8 HPF and EP cells is 8-10 HPF. Ph is 6.0 specific gravity is 1.010, RBCS is nil, blood is nil, acetone is nil, bile salt is nil. So sir what does it mean.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Bsed on the facts and reports of your routine urine analysis that you have posted you seem to have UTI .

Start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water to keep urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist