What causes lower back pain. vaginal pain along with brown discharge?

Question
experiencing some slight lower back pain just above the top of my bottom, and some slight aching in the vaginal area, experienced some brown discharge on one occassion.. curtently having regular discharhe white in colour, regular periods though any ideas?
Fri, 25 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
The mild pain and discharge that you are having can be due to a vaginal infection. Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal, there are glands that secrete a mucoid discharge that varies according to where a women is in her menstrual cycle. If the discharge is slightly yellow, with itching then it may be a yeast infection which can be treated with an over the counter anti fungal cream or ovules
If it is whitish gray with an odor then it may be due to bacterial vaginosis which is also treated with topical agents.

If there is a organism mixed with the mucus to cause a discharge, identification would require a swab to be done by your doctor.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: What causes lower back pain. vaginal pain along with brown discharge? 3 hours later
would that explain the lower back pain though? is there any connection?.. the discharge is white not yellow

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be posture related.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.

The back pain can be postural or due to a vaginal infection. Rest, mild painkillers, improvisation of posture and back strengthening exercises would help.

Hope my answer is helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Regards.

Follow-up: What causes lower back pain. vaginal pain along with brown discharge? 18 hours later
many thanks for your help today.. the discharge seems to have mellowed off now but im still experiencing some light aches down below, but I am experiencing back ache lower back and middle

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain killers and a hot compress will help.

Detailed Answer:
You can start with mild pain killers and a hot compress for the back. Do get some oral muscle relaxants prescribed in case the pain is persistent. Exercise will help once the acute pain subsides.
Regards.

Follow-up: What causes lower back pain. vaginal pain along with brown discharge? 11 hours later
should I be experiencing this pain constantly through the day though.. I seem to be experiencing it in different places around my back.. more lower part though and some mild aching down below, I keep thinking alsorts at the moment, would a smear be recommended

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Smear will only rule out infection.

Detailed Answer:
A muscular pain can be constant throughout the day. A smear will help in ruling out a vaginal infection. A muscular pain may need prescription medicines after proepr examination.
Regards.

okay thank you.. any chances this could be more serious?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not likely to be a serious issue.

Detailed Answer:
This is not likely to be very serious but needs attention in case the symptoms are persistent.
Regards.