What causes lower abdominal pain, frequent bowel movements and chills?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 17 Mar 2017 in Elderly Problems
Question: I have sharp pain and pressure in my lower abdomen, frequent visits to the toilet and chills.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to. Infection of the gut.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description, the symptoms could be due to Infection of Gut.I prescribe Antibiotic like Levofloxacin 250mg twice daily after food and antispasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine to my patients with similar complaints.
Please consult your doctor and take appropriate prescription as Antibiotic is needed.
Avoid dairy products for few days.
Nothing to worry.It will come down.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana