What causes low platelets and fatigue after a food poisoning episode?
Sometimes food poisoning could be the culprit
I have known many cases which deteriorate arthritis, low platelets, extreme fatigue after a food poisoning episode. The immunity would go for a toss after an episode of gut illness. I doubt if it is herpes that caused these symptoms. Most of us would have herpes antibodies even though it may not show up with worrisome symptoms.
In such cases I just suggest the person to take undue care of the general health, rest, food and good positive thinking for faster recovery. Wait and watch is the best policy with rest and good food and thought.
Infectious disease profile
In my opinion you should see a Infectious disease specialist and get the local disease antibodies testing done first. There are non specific arthritis, gonococcal arthritis which accompany with fatigue and muscle pain.
You should also note about the odds of testing negative for all of the above. In such a case clinicians just advise rest, massage therapy and other complementary therapies.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Food poisoning causes and symptoms
- What kind of food poisoning causes chest pain
- Common causes of food poisoning
- What bacteria causes food poisoning
- Food poisoning cause low bp
- Food poisoning infection causes
- Organisms that cause food poisoning
- Can food poisoning cause low white count
- Food poisoning and low platelet count
- Is food poisoning caused due to low platelet count