What causes low grade fever and urinary urgency?
RBC Urine 4-5
WBC Urine >=50
You have acute UTI may be secondary to Enlarged Prostate .
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have UTI mostly secondary to Enlarged Prostate which is very common at this age .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause prolonged low grade fever
- What causes low-grade fever
- Breastfeeding cause low grade fever
- Low grade fever causes
- Thyroid cause a low grade fever
- Low grade fever cll cause
- Causes of low grade fever in adults
- Hyperglycemia causes low grade fever
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- What cause a low grade fever and headache for a week