What causes low grade fever and loss of appetite after last shots vaccination?
Her rectal temp is now 103.4 and i gave her more children's acetominaphen
The underlying cause needs evaluation.
Thanks for asking on Health Care Magic.
I have carefully gone through the details provided. Although the fevers have been detected after the shots were given, I do not think the fever is due to the reaction of the shots. I do not think it to be some 'unusual reaction to the shots'. The cause of the fever needs to be investigated. I would suggest for the following investigations to be done:
* Blood for complete blood count, C-Reactive protein (CRP) and Widal test.
Based on the reports we can assess further.
It could be due to enteric fever (for which I have suggested the Widal test) or some other bacterial infection (for which the leucocyte count will speak), even viral infection.
Please upload the reports after getting the tests done. Give tepid sponging as well as Acetaminophen to bring down the temperature.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause prolonged low grade fever
- What causes low-grade fever
- Low grade fever loss of appetite fatigue
- Low grade fever causes
- Loss of appetite low grade fever tired pregnancy
- Causes of low grade fever after surgery
- Persistent low grade fever loss of appetite
- Causes of low grade fevers after hysterectomy
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- What cause a low grade fever and headache for a week