Owl Image

Suggest medication for high fever

Owl Image
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Question
My son just fished a 10 day round of antibiotics last week and now is running a fever?
Fri, 8 Dec 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be viral. Enteric fever needs to be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. Your child is possibly suffering from such an infection. Irrespective of treatment it usually spontaneously resolves in 5-7 days. Some children are more prone to catching cold and recurrent episodes are seen. Often such viral infections manifest with fever. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated.
I would also insist you to get a complete hemogram and a Widal test done.