What causes lightheadedness, dizziness, imbalance and headache?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Aug 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: For 3 days I have been light-headed, dizzy on standing, lost balance several times, slight headache. I am a 72 yo woman with COPD, managed hypertension. Should I see a dr? possible causes? Thanks. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should definitely consult doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Possible causes for your symptoms are
1. TIA (transient ischemic attack)
2. Cerebellar infarction
3. Vertigo
4. CO2 retention
So better to consult doctor and get done clinical examination and discuss about these possible causes.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj