What causes leg pain?
I drive my four wheeler SUV daily for around 25 km. After driving for half an hour, sometimes, I feel pain in my right leg as I have to constantly move it from accelerator to brake and vice a versa. The pain runs from lower back till my knee., or sometimes below that too. For this, I have read on internet that it's called Sciatic Nerve pain.
I have changed my vehicle from XXXXXXX Alto to a heighted SUV, but then the location of pain has changed., and frequency but it's not gone completely.
How do I know whether it's a Sciatica or a local pain. Any test to check for Sciatica?
I have tried adjusting sitting position in car, but what else I can do (stretching exercise, medicine etc) to avoid such pain.
It seems you might be suffering from siatica.
Thanks for your query.
From description it seems you might be suffering from siatica. Sciatica refers to pain that radiates along the path of the sciatic nerve — which branches from your lower back through your hips and buttocks and down each leg. Typically, sciatica affects only one side of your body.
Although the pain associated with sciatica can be severe, most cases resolve with just conservative treatments in a few weeks.
MRI is needed to establish the cause of sciatica, so that appropriate treatment can be prescribed. Sciatica do respond well to bed rest and analgesics (pain killer) and is right mode of treatment.
The definitive treatment depends upon the cause of sciatica. I would suggest you to consult an orthopediac surgeon who may order MRI to determine cause of sciatica (level and degree in case of disc herniation) and may suggest other mode of treatment. After initial few days of bed rest, you needs physiotherapy (exercises).
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treated for Facet joint syndrome. Suffer pain in lower lumbar region...
- Broke calcaneus, have swelling and pain in heel and toenail when weight...
- What causes diffrence in the testicle size?
- Could a botched injection cause synovitis?
- Can NSAID be taken daily to prevent shoulder inflammation due to arthritis?
- What causes acute pain over the hip bone?
- Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency
- What causes leg cramps at night?
- What causes multiple joint pain?
- What does swelling and pain on knees indicate?