What causes leg cramps after walking for short distance?
Atherosclerosis can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
Such symptom is quite characteristic for poor blood flow through legs arteries. It is called atherosclerosis. Due to high cholesterol level arteries gets narrow. When you try to walk, blood supply is not enough so the muscles do not get proper oxygen. This leads to a pain.
If you do smoke, Burger s disease is also possible.
I suggest you to consult your doctor. Arteries Dopplers ultrasound should be done to rule this condition out.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Getting severe leg cramps at night what is causing this
- What causes leg cramps and redness in leg with fever
- Leg cramps causes
- What causes leg cramps after started having sex
- Steroids causing leg cramps
- Causes of leg cramps and weakness
- Lower leg cramps causes
- Diseases that cause leg cramps
- Leg cramps causes and cures
- Night leg cramps causes