• question-icon

What causes left-sided tingling sensation in the arm radiating to the upper chest?

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My left arm, since 2014, suddenly one afternoon when I woke up, began tingling. Went to er thinking I was having another stroke. THEY said it was herniated, bulging disks.

TODAY, my left arm, almost always feeling half numb, half-tingling sensations migrating to my left arm pit to left side of upper chest. NOW whenever I lift up from stepping with left foot I feel a circular spot of upper part of lower leg (6 inches beneath knee, on the outer side to the back side of femur). SO WORRIED my foot and leg (left) is gonna start feeling constantly half-numb too.

When I go to bed constantly distracted by the ringing sensation in upper eft arm side of my chest. Sometimes my right foot twitches.

Is artificial disk replacement ivble? I am seriously thinking of killing myself than to live like this.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide the imaging studies results.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Herniated discs disease at the cervical spine may be one of the conditions that may cause symptoms like yours, and, if confirmed, disc replacement with or without fusion is one of the possible treatment ways.

However, it is necessary to provide imaging studies results in order for me to understand better your diagnosis and possible treatment ways.

Please provide results of cervical spine X-rays, MRI, etc. You can simply upload them to the reports section of this web-page.

Awaiting.....,,,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 4 hours later
I notice, when I become busy throughout the day the numbness becomes more dormant, although never fully GONE. When I come back home and become a couch potato IT XXXX COMES BACK!

When I lie down to sleep IT ANNOYS ME LIKE A GOD DAMNED dripping faucet on my face!
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety may play a role too.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Since your symptoms diminish after you get busy, and became more prominent in rest, anxiety could play a role in this.

However, it is still necessary to provide any imaging tests results in order to understand better your condition.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical