What causes itchy spots after scabies treatment?
Post scabies itch, may take weeks to recover
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same .
Since you had developed scabies , I would like to tell you that even after scabies is adequately treated, there can be itching along with development of itchy red lesions over the body for the next four to six weeks. This basically happens due to allergic reaction to the mite even after it has been treated .
In most people, two times treatment with the anti scabies lotion at a weeks interval helps in getting rid of the mite completely.
So I would advise you to simply apply a topical steroid cream like cortisone over the affected areas twice a day . This will take care of the allergic itchy lesions. You might also take some oral antihistamine like claritin tablet once a day for the next one to two weeks.
Only if the lesions increase too much or there is severe itching, then we should suspect a re infection in which case a re treatment might be required .
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Zentel for scabies treatment
- Dettol for scabies treatment
- Itching persist after using permethrin for scabies treatment
- Over the counter scabies treatment
- Stromectol scabies treatment
- Scabies treatment contagious
- Natural scabies treatment
- Scabies treatment permethrin
- Kwell for scabies treatment
- Nizoral scabies treatment