What causes itchy scrotum post antibiotic treatment for toothache?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Dental Health
Question: about 6 weeks ago I developed a weird toothache. Always on the left side of my face. It jumped around. Upper left, Lower, front back in the lower left jaw, back to the ear, then all around again. Sometimes teeth were sensitive to heat, then not. My dentist did a lot of tests and x-rays, could not find a problem. He wondered about a deep infection - put me on amoxicillin for 7 days. The next day my doctor diagnosed the problem as infection in the left saliva gland and increased the meds to a total of 20 days. The problem gradually went away. Around that time and there after I started getting itching of the scrotum, irritation of the anus and itching and rashes up to 2 inches around the outside of the anus. Is this a drug reaction>
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern..

As per your complain it seems that the symptoms of itching and rashes that has occurred post antibiotic intake seems to be due to fungal/yeast infection known as Mucocutaneous Thrush.
I would suggest you to consult an Infectious Medicine specialist and get evaluated..
You can be advised anti fungal oral and topical medications for relief..
As of now you can also take Levocetrizine if the itching is in excess..

Hope this helps..

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj