question-icon

What causes itchy lesions over the whole body?

Posted on Tue, 11 Mar 2014
Question: I have been suffering with itching from my feet to my head. I can't resist scratching and so I get little bumps cropping up, they open up and then form a scab. Reminds me of chicken pox. It started in my lower legs and worked it's way up to my torso, arms neck and head. I've used lotions which help for a little while.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal (3 hours later)
Brief Answer: please upload images Detailed Answer: Hello dear, I have read your query and understood your concern. Such itchy lesions over whole body can be due to number of conditions. It can be due to any of the following: 1. Infective cause 2. Allergic cause I will like to know for how long you are suffering from this condition? Do you have associated fever also ? History of similar lesions before ? Kindly attach a pic of the lesions so that I can see and comment upon. You have a feature for the same on the right side of this query page. Utilize it. Also reply to my questions . Please reply with the answers and send pics of the lesions. good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist