What causes itching on face while treating poison oak rashes?
it sounds like hives
Hello and thanks for your question.
It is possible but unlikely to be from the prednisone. However, if you think it is related to the prednisone you need to let your doctor know this right away. Try adding zantac 150 mg twice a day to the zyrtec to help reduce the hives. We usually think of zantac for stomach acid but it actually also blocks another kind of histamine and combined with the antihistamine zyrtec it could help things calm down more quickly.
Work with your doctor to determine if they think the hives are from the steroids or some other cause.
On both medications your symptoms should resolve in a few days but you may need to take them both for a few weeks to make sure that they do not return.
I wish you the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Spreading red welt rash related to poison oak
- What is poison oak vagina?
- Poison oak rebound rash
- Poison oak rash left dark scars
- Poison oak rash on penis
- Recurrent poison oak rash
- Do poison oak rashes leave behind scars
- Poison oak rash welts come up week later
- Images of poison oak rash on skin
- What's poisoned oak gynae