What causes irritation in penis and with irritation during urination?
These are my symptoms:
1. Irritation/pain in my penis tip. Every day.
2. Slight Irritation when i urinate.
3. Pressure/pain in the perianal region. Every day.
4. Dribbling at the end of urination. Every time i urinate.
From everything i have read there seems to be no way these symptoms are the result of receiving unprotected oral sex from the escort as they started almost immediately and its rare to get an STI from receiving oral sex. I have another appointment with my Urologist, but i was hoping that someone here might have some suggestions. This is really starting to get me down. I thought that it was going away, and then it came back and has been more constant than before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Could be due to Prostatitis.
Thanks for your query,and detail history .Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have irritation at the tip of penis ,pain in perineal region,dribbling a the end of urination.
These symptoms could be due to Prostatitis.Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic test to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine Routine and culture to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen
3) Trans Rectal Ultrasound Scanning (TRUS)
4) Swab test and Culture of Urethral discharge obtained after prostatic massage.
I am not sure if all these tests were performed already. If yes, please upload them here. You can ask your doctor if the tests are not done.
Prostatitis takes long time to get cured hence one has to take appropriate antibiotics for 2-3 months.
In the mean while start taking combination of Sulphamethoxazole and Trimethoprim twice daily and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .
Doing prostatic massage very day will help to reduce congestion of prostate For this you will need help of a qualified nurse or a health personnel.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
I should also mention that in March of this year i had an MRI of the area and that came back unremarkable as well.
A prescription for Sulphamethoxazole and Trimethoprim is required so i can't just go out and get it myself, and without a positive urnine culture for bacteria my Urologist will not prescribe any more antibiotics. I'm sort of at a loss. Anything else you can suggest?
Likely to be due to Abacterial Prostatitis.
Thanks for writing again.
There one entity called Abacterial Prostatitis where you do not get any positive pathological or radiological evidence of bacterial infection but the patient has symptoms typical pf Prostatitis.
A alpha blockers like Tomsulosin once daily along with daily prostatic massage by a health personnel helps to reduce congestion of prostate and relieve symptoms.
I have been practising this regime for my patients of Chronic Prostatitis over last 40 years of my practice and getting encouraging results.If feasible you can try this .
Thanks and Regards.
I hope to see my urologist here in the next week to see if there is anything else she would recommend.
I was hoping there was something else you might suggest. As i mentioned, this is not debilitating, but it is very annoying and distracting and it makes me very sad. I just want the irritation to go away. Would you still suggest trying the longer course of antibiotics? Do you think this could have been caused by the oral sex i mentioned? The symptoms started right away.. within a few hours, so it just seems unlikely that was the cause of what i am experiencing.
Can try Doxicycline twice daily for on month.
Thanks for follow up.
Prostatic massage is very simple to learn .Any male adult or your wife can learn it from the Urologist and get it done at home ..
Since we do not have any positive evidence from the tests done repeatedly it is unlikely that it is due to Oral Sex.
You can take Doxicycline twice daily .on long term for a period of two months,
Thanks and regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can cortizone 10 cause testicles and penis irritation
- Uncircumcised penis irritations
- Can landry detergent cause penis irritation
- Penis irritation gone after urination
- Nuvaring penis irritation diflucan
- Can crinone cause penis irritation
- Penis irritation causes
- Can urine leakage cause penis irritation
- Can unprotected oral sex cause penis irritation
- Loesrtin 24 causing penis irritation
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?