What causes irritable bowel syndrome?
Relaxation and medication....
This is Dr. Swarnava Dattagupta answering your query.
IBS or irritable bowel syndrome is becoming quite common these days. It has to be managed by dietary modification, drugs and reduction of anxiety.
If such a patient comes to me, I would suggest the following-
Diet modification like taking enough dietary fibers, plenty of water and small frequent meals per day. Avoiding fatty or oily food is also important. Avoidance of alcohol and smoking is advised.
Relaxation is important. Increased anxiety leads to increase in IBS symptoms.
Exercise regularly. It enhances metabolism.
Taking normaxin-RT twice daily for a month. It contains clinidium, chlordiazepoxide, rabeprazole etc.
Taking probiotics like lactobacillus XXXXXXX for 15days.
You can consult your treating doctor about it and prescription of the above.
Hope I have answered your query.
Contact me for any further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Irritable bowel syndrome causes
- What is the remedy for irritable bowel syndrome
- What are the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome?
- Dicyclomine for irritable bowel syndrome
- Imodium for irritable bowel syndrome
- Lomotil for irritable bowel syndrome
- What causes irritable bowel syndrome and abdominal pain
- What causes irritable bowel syndrome
- What is the cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome
- Cause and treatment for irritable bowel syndrome