What causes irregular short periods?

Question
I'm a 32 yo female, and my periods have recently gotten drastically shorter, and I'm wondering
what that means, especially in regards to fertility. I've been on Seasonale for years, so I get periods once every three months. Usually it would be 4-5 heavy days with 1-2 light days on either end. But the past two times, it's been 1 light day, 2 heavy days, and then nothing. What does that mean?
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

Certainly it means that you are having a hormonal change.

But we need to find which one and why.

I will advise you to get a FSH .LH and TSH (hormones) tests done along with a pelvic sonography as these will help decide what you have and how to treat it.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX