What causes internal bleeding in lungs after a surgery?
Has she been taken into the OR again?
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about what your mother is experiencing. This must be hard for you to deal with. It is difficult to tell where this bleeding is coming from without further examination. However, if it is severe, the surgeons would open her up to look at what the possible origin is and fix. If it can be handled by administering blood products, that would be done. I will like to know whether she is on any anti coagulants or not. This is because anticoagulants might be the reason why she is bleeding even from minor vessels that shouldn’t have been a problem any longer. Also, ask what the INR value is and report to me.
I hope this helps. I wish your mother a speedy recovery. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Internal bleeding in eye causes
- Internal bleeding after hernia surgery
- Internal bleeding hemorrhoids causes
- Internal bleeding after laparoscopic surgery
- What could cause internal bleeding
- Signs of internal bleeding after surgery
- Surgery for head internal bleeding
- Possible causes of internal bleeding
- Common causes of internal bleeding
- What causes internal bleeding in a woman