What causes intermittent abdominal pain during 4th week of pregnancy?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: I have found out I am 4 weeks plus 2 days pregnant. i am absolutely delighted as been trying for 5 years. the problem is I have pain in like my tube area both sides it comes and goes and alternates sides. i am.so worried about miscarriage. is this pain normal? i have never been pregnant before so have no idea. its not a pain for painkillers just like uncomfortable. also can you tell me is paracetamol safe in pregnancy. thanks
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should wait ...

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

I have read your question and understand your health concern.

Pain in both areas of tube that is not associated with vaginal bleeding ,for the moment is nothing to worry.
You should try:
to drink much more fluids especially water and cranberry teas
take a rest
put hot pads

Paracetamol can be used during pregnancy but better do not use it.

Hope I was helpful and please feel free further discussion.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 29 minutes later
This can be a normal pregnancy?
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy should be confirmed by ultrasound scan

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks again.

As I have mentioned above while you haven't vaginal bleeding but only a little pain there is nothing to worry ,but well-being of your pregnancy should be confirmed by doing an ultrasound scan.

Hence be calm until you will do an ultrasound scan.

Best regards