What causes intense pressure in brain followed by panic attacks while smoking?
Please provide more details
Thanks for using Health care magic.
I read your query and understand your concerns.
Before we proceed for finding solution we need to identify cause. I have few questions so I request you to answer them.
1. Do you think you had change of pattern in smoking weed in last few months? If yes describe in possible detail.
2. Do you use any other substance of abuse? If yes details.
3 Have you experienced similar problem in past?
4. If yes how long it was lasted?
5. Do you have any other symptoms in addition to what is described in query?
6. Do you have any history of medical or psychiatric illness in past? If yes describe in possible detail.
I look forward to seeing above details.
Thanks and regards
2. No i only use cannabis
3. yes as i said in the past moth 3 times but it always went back to normal.
4. Like 4 to 5 hours
5. intense pressure behind forehead, sickness, paranoia, anxiety, derealization and loss of orientation.
6. i once had depression because of some medication i had to use for my acne. but thas 2 years in the past.
It is cannabis induced
Thanks for reverting back to me with appropriate information.
From the additional details it appears that there is casual association between current symptoms and cannabis abuse. This observation is based on the temporal association between symptoms and THC intake in past and smoking for the current episode.
Having said this I feel it will be appropriate to get antipsychotic medication after consulting a local doctor. If you have been my patient I would prefer tab Zyprexa 7.5 to be taken at night. Since it needs prescription and every doctor have different experiences with each medication your doctor may chose another antipsychotic from the same category of medication. This is likely to show improvement in next few days.
The another option is wait and watch. This advice is based on the fact that most of the patients with cannabis induced psychiatric disorder remit spontaneously between one to four weeks. Since you already crossed four days I guess this will be better alternative.
If you decide not to go for medication following can be done to expedite recovery process.
1. Meditation or yoga. I have seen good results in many of my patients and I think you should try if facilities are available.
2. Deep breathing exercises
3. To continue the positive strategies which you started in last couple of days.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
Thanks and regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does panic attack cause high blood pressure
- Panic attack cause blood pressure to spike
- Lexapro causing panic attacks
- What causes nocturnal panic attacks
- What causes night panic attacks
- What is the cause of weakness with panic attacks
- What causes panic attacks while taking oxcarbazepine
- What causes panic attack breathless and sweating
- What causes panic attacks
- What can cause panic attack after intercourse