What causes inflammation of the liver along with low hemoglobin and red blood cell count?
Should i go for Liver Fibroscan ? I am currently using multivitamin and glutamine supplement.
What does my ultrasound report signify? Should i go for virus testing again?
Further inputs needed
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached reports. The first thing I would need to ask is for the reason that made you seek medical attention or to get the tests done. The next thing to ask is whether you are an alcoholic and whether you have any specific symptoms. The third thing to ask is whether you are a diabetic and whether you are on any medication.
The reports suggest that the liver enzymes are raised. It could be due to effect of alcohol. I would be able to comment further after hearing your inputs in relation to the questions I have asked.
As such, you need not repeat the virus tests. I will wait for your response before I can tell you whether you need to go for a liver fibroscan. That will also help me to correlate the ultrasonogram report. I do not suppose that taking multivitamin supplements would help.
Please be informed that glutamine is a free aminoacid that cannot be stored for an extended period of time in the body. So if you are on a maintenance diet - not trying to lose or gain weight (muscle or fat) or if you are bulking (putting on muscle/fat or just muscle), then you probably do not need to use glutamine supplements.
Let me know if I could help further.
Right now my symptoms are indigestion , feeling cold sometimes through the day accompanied my low body temperature ,weakness in hands .
No need to worry
Thanks for the inputs.
Let me assure that the ultrasonogram or the reports are not a cause for concern even if the liver enzymes are raised. Nothing needs to be done about it at present and you have no reason to worry.
1 Sir i can't decipher the ultrasound report which says reduced parenchymal echogenicity . is it Fatty liver or Scarring or Inflammation?
2 Is my low HB and low RBC'S related to my liver problem? What can i do about it?
3 Is reduced body temperature and cold feelings a symptoms of low HB and low RBC's?
4 Should i take some herbs for liver like milk thistle ,dandelion etc?
Just give your liver some rest. Everything should be fine.
1. It does not indicate fatty liver or scarring. It could indicate acute hepatitis or diffuse malignant infiltration and calls for clinical correlation. Based on your inputs, the former could be a possibility.
2. No. Iron supplementation is needed.
4. No. The best thing would be to do nothing.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does cortisone cause a low hemoglobin count
- Chronic liver inflammation causes
- What causes blood vessel inflammation
- Is low hemoglobin caused by low iron in blood
- What causes low hemoglobin levels
- Milk of magnesia cause liver inflammation
- Diseases caused by low hemoglobin count
- Meizitang cause liver inflammation
- Liver inflammation causes
- What causes inflammation of the liver