What causes infected ingrown toenail?
Not the appropriate antibiotic
Hi and welcome.
Zpack is not appropriate for ingrown nails.
You need to use amoxicillin and clavulanic acid for 5 days 1 g per day. This is a prescription medication and you will need to approach your doctor for it.
Also, you need to have baths in warm salty water daily.
If there is no improvement you need to see a surgeon. They would be able to remove the ingrown toenail with a minor surgery. Normally done with some local anesthetic.
Wish you good health.regards
Yes,you should take cirprofloxacinum 2x250mg and klindamicin 2 x300mg
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ingrown toenail infection white spots
- What is the remedy for an ingrown toenail
- Amoxicillin for ingrown toenail infection
- Newborn infected ingrown toenail
- Ingrown toenail causes
- How to treat infected ingrown toenail
- Severe ingrown toenail infection
- What is the treatment for an ingrown toenail
- Infected ingrown toenail doxycycline
- Does germolene work on an infected ingrown toenail