Does a bleeding dog-bite on the leg require an ER consultation?

Excellent

Question
neighbors dog nipped my leg broke skin thru my jeans should I go to the hospital ?
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Is the dog vaccinated? Yes, go to the hospital!

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Am so sorry to hear about this dog bite. I have reviewed your information. Your definitely need to go to the hospital as you require antibiotics for infection prevention. You need amoxicillin-Clavulanic acid for at least 5days.

If the dog is well vaccinated, then there is no fear about rabies. If it is not, you will need to be protected for that as well.

In all, going to the hospital is mandatory for antibiotics and wound care.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.