What causes increased heart rate in a person suffering from hypertension?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: 32 year old female with a history of hypertension. I went to the doctor office and the checked my blood pressure with a electronic monitor and the readings wouldn't show up. the change machines and cuffs but the same results. my heart rate is elevated. any ideas....does this mean something wrong
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hypertension

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

You went recently to your doctor to have your blood pressure checked and their blood pressure machine will not read your blood pressure. This just means their machine is defective. The nurse or the doctor should do your blood pressure with the appropriate size cuff and do it the old fashion way with a cuff and stethoscope.

If they can't do your blood pressure properly then you may want to go to a fire station and have an EMT do it with the proper cuff.

Until you get your blood pressure reading i would not be worried. The fault is in their machine and not in you.

I hope I answered your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions
Follow up: Dr. Ronald Schubert 7 minutes later
Thank you so much I was freaking out bcuz it never happened to me before. Much appreciated
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
your welcome

Detailed Answer:
Your welcome I hope you get your blood pressure checked soon