Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

What causes inability to focus,neck stiffness,panic attack with light and sound sentitvity?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5556 Questions
Hi My condition started on 15th Novemeber 2011 when suddenly while working late in office I just got a wierd sensation in my head and I could not concentrate the first thought that came in my mind was that I was havling an attack or stroke but I somehow went home and slept. Next day while walking to office I suddenly felt as if I could not walk any more and will collpase . So I took an auto and went to my friends place. Since then I have got my self checked by cariologist , GIs and neurologist . Everyone till now have diganosed me with anxiety and panic disorder. I have had all routine tests(CBC,TLC,DLC,2Decho,ECG,Endoscopy,Liver profile,B12,D3,Thyorid) except for EEG and brain scan. My current symptons are inability to focus , I blurr out when I try to focus . stiffness in neck . panic symptons in crowd and light and sound sentitvity . Choking sensation during panic, My question could be it any neurological disroder which has progressed since the last 2 yrs. If yes could be recommend me a neuroglist in mumbai location whom I can consult. The last neurologist I consulted did routine physical checkup and told me it is just anxiety,
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms. The most likely diagnosis could be anxiety and panic disorder in your case. However, I would like to exclude any internal brain problem, such as lack of blood flow (ischemia), demyelination (damage to nerve covering) or any infection. For this, MRI of brain should be done. There is no need to worry as all the problems can be treated well with medications. At Mumbai, you could consult Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Neurologist at Hiranandani Hospital in Powai area. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor