What causes hot body temprature in a child?
It might be fever
Hi...thanks for consulting on health care magic.
Head is usually hotter than body due to rich blood vessel congregation there & also blood supply.
1. Feeling hot doesn't mean fever unless checked with a thermometer.
2. What's your baby's age & weight?
3. Are there any other symptoms otherthan this body heat?
4. Anybody else in the family is right now suffering from fever?
5. Kindly check the baby's temperature under armpit (axilla) with a thermometer & get back to me.
Happy to help anytime. Please get back with above details.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth Amperayani
1. temperature is 34.5 c
2. Baby age 1 and weight around 7.5
3. running nose started and stopped
This is not fever
Hi.... Thanks for your trust in me. This is not fever... You need to treat body temperature as fever only if it is more than 100F. For your kid's body weight you can give Syrup P-125 4.5ml every 4to 6th hourly, that too only if temperature us more than 100F.
Am happy to help anytime. Please get back if you have any problem or query.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause extreme cold and hotness in body
- What causes shocks in body
- What causes body odor
- What causes body heat
- What causes dip in body temprature
- What causes body itching
- What causes increase in body temprature
- What is the cause of lipomas on the body
- What causes body tremors
- What causes body flushing